Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ken Weathersby (update)


173 (lnd), 2009, Acrylic and Graphite on Linen, Reversed, with Removed and Replaced Areas, 18 x 24 inches

Above: Full image; Below: Detail view


image from: Pierogi Gallery

Ken Weathersby is an artist I wrote about last year because I was really drawn to the intellectual nature of his work in which he plays with our expectations of painting as an object of pleasure. It's a dialogue between painter, materials and surface that he engages with; his 'constructions' are visual conundrums that play with the viewers notion of what painting is and what might lie behind or underneath the surface. But, as I said in my post last year, there really is so much more to explore and I urge readers to visit his blog - including a great list of links - for a very interesting read. Ken has been showing regularly however his first solo in NY opened recently at Pierogi Gallery. So a big congratulations, Ken!

5 comments:

vincenthawkins said...

oh dear there doesn't seem to be any comments!....I keep waiting to see and.... either everyone is on holiday OR they are not so taken with KW....

* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele Alpern said...

Vincent, an absence of comments on blog posts doesn't mean much these days. I was at the opening of this show, in NY, and it was jam-packed with people who by all indications enjoyed the work very much.

vincenthawkins said...

i am very much heartened by that fact ! and Thank you for alerting me to it. Did you enjoy the work very much?

Michele Alpern said...

Yes, I did.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...